Updated: Nov 12, 2019
Hi all my readers! I am going to be collaborating with 13 other bloggers on a travel series. This post is to introduce you to the bloggers and the series. It is an 8 week series on planning a family vacation! You will get tips and advice from 14 different bloggers and will hopefully be able to utilize several of the tips and advice. Here is a bio of each of the bloggers! There are bloggers from the U.S., Australia, the U.K.
1) Melissa Temple is a disabled wife and mother of one brave and gorgeous daughter from the U.S.A. Melissa is the creator and lead author of disableddisney.wixsite.com/website . A blogging adventure she started with her husband of 19 years, David Temple. Melissa specializes in disability travel with kids and as an adult couple. Melissa loves to go to Disneyland with her husband, daughter and any other friends and family that want to tag along. She also likes to explore her home state of Arizona. When she's not planning or going to Disneyland, she loves to read and do crafts.
2) Sarah is a full-time RV traveler that has been traveling the US with her husband and three children, ages 11, 9, and 6, for the past 2.5 years. She loves sharing awesome, family friendly, and budget wise destinations on her website https://statebystate.net/. Sarah also enjoys sharing tips on traveling full-time with kids and money saving ideas too. When not traveling or exploring new locations and making incredible memories together, their family loves playing board games, building forts, and hanging out around the campfire. https://statebystate.net/
3) A published writer, positive parenting educator, wellness advocate, and world traveler, Sarah shares her passions on her blog, www.dandelion-seeds.com. She feels most "grounded" when she's flying; looking at the world from above is a wonderful way to keep perspective in check. A homeschool mom, she also works in multiple classrooms throughout the week, including that of an internationally renowned early childhood educator. She invites you to join her on her travel, wellness, and positive parenting journeys.
4) Alana at Boundless Bookshires
5) Deborah is the mom of 2 inquisitive homeschool kids, an environmental educator and writer of the family travel blog worldwisekid.com. Our goal is to encourage global understanding and perspective through contemplating, comparing, calculating, speculating, and discussion inspired by travel destinations. Each post poses 3 open-ended questions for great dinnertime conversation and learning! Follow our travels this year through Thailand, Italy, Greece, France and Spain. When Deborah isn't framing the next learning experiences, she can be found on the California coast tidepooling, sea kayaking and playing beach volleyball.
6) Yamy Hartsough is the creator and main blogger of Gofamgo.com, a multi-generational family travel blog where she chronicles her family's adventures and shares guides and tips that she learns along the way. With her background in healthcare as a registered nurse, she also writes articles from the perspective of traveling with young children and a terminally ill elderly member of the family. When she is not traveling and has a break from taking care of the kids, she dabbles with photography and freelance design.
7) Shannon Elizabeth is the creator and voice behind Grab My Passport, a family-focused travel blog. By day, she is a Senior Project Manager, with a background in architecture and interior design. By night, she is a freelance writer, photographer, wanna-be-DIY’er, and a perpetually wanderlusting traveler. Established originally while living overseas in Europe, and now based in the United States with two young kiddos in tow, her blog www.grabmypassport.com brings practical tips, itineraries, travel budgeting hacks, and inspiration to everyday families like you.
8) Hi! I'm a mum from Australia, wife, nurse, mother of 4 kids. Our boys are 7 and 9, and our girls 5 and 1.5. We are about to head to Bali in March! It's the first stop on our round the world trip which hopefully will last around 2 years. It's a lifestyle change that we need. Life is too short.
9) Shannan is passionate traveler & homeschooling mom. She enjoys learning on location all over Europe with her 3 favorite travel buddies. Shannan shares her insiration at CaptivatingCompass.com, a family travel & digital homeschool blog. She blogs about affordable family travel and digital homeschooling while traveling with kids. She has 20+ years of travel experience along with a passion to connect family travel destinations with educational resources, Shannan brings you inspirational family travel and digital homeschool resources to help you learn on location throughout Europe. When she's not planning the next learn on location travel adventure, you'll find her walking country paths in Scotland.
10) Hi! I’m Tiffany from Mommy And Me Travels. I started my blog 6 months ago in hopes of inspiring other parents to get out and travel with their children. I have 2 wonderful travel companions! My sons are 5 and 1.5 years old. We love to go on “adventures”. Our mission is to provide reviews, guidance, and helpful tips to traveling parents through first hand experiences.
11) Hi, I'm Annette Belnap and I blog at Tips From a Typical Mom. I am a wife and mother to 5 kids and I love to share things that make mom's life easier! I share family friendly recipes, family travel tips, parenting tips, cleaning tips and product reviews. Annette lives in Utah with her family and loves to go hiking in the mountains.
12) Nikki writes Yorkshire Wonders, a UK family travel blog that reviews local days out as well as holidays in the UK, Europe and Disney World in Florida. Nikki grew up and lives in the UK but has also lived in the US and the Middle East at different times of her life. This has given her an eternal wanderlust and a desire to share the world with her children.
13) Kirsty is a British family travel blogger currently living in sunny Malaysia. She has travelled to over 100 countries including 25 with her young children. Her family travel blog "World for a Girl" takes a unique look at travelling the world in a more inclusive way.
With a passion for unusual family travel destinations, Kirsty has visited countries as diverse as Kosovo, Iceland and Myanmar with her children. She aims to provide an honest account of the challenges and joys of travelling as a family. Her posts blend family travel tips and itineraries with a lesser-explored world of inspirational female explorers, women's history and global feminist issues.
14) Regina Kay is a full-time world explorer, wife, and mother of five awesome travel kids. Regina is the creator and author of fulltimefieldtrip.com, a family travel blog. She is a travel writer specializing in budget travel, family travel, and parenting. Life-long travel experience combined with a passion for connecting people to information, Regina brings you in-depth, thorough, real-world tips to make traveling with kids easier for you. When she’s not a packing ninja or travel planning guru, she’s learning how to take better pictures or playing house rules Uno with her family.
These are my compatriot bloggers! We hope you enjoy the series and reading our articles. Please visit the other blogs and get to know their content.